Pocophone is the Xiaomi’s new budget-focused brand that will be used first in India before coming to other parts of the world. So it won’t be available in any other country until later. The first Pocophone is the powerful and pocket-friendly Poco F1. The tagline of the brand is Master of Speed. Other companies are focusing to excel in all the departments like performance, camera, other features etc but this phone focuses only on performance. As it is said Jack of all is master of none.
There are 4 variants that are available –
- 6GB RAM and 64GB ROM is priced at 20,999 INR (300 USD)
- 6GB RAM and 128GB ROM is priced at 23,999 INR (340 USD)
- 8GB RAM and 256GB ROM is priced at 28,999 INR (415 USD)
- 8GB RAM and 256GB ROM Armoured Edition is priced at 29,999 INR (430 USD)
The Armoured Edition is made of Real Kevlar Aramid fiber. This is the cheapest phone to have a Snapdragon 845 chipset. It also supports an expandable storage slot up to 256GB.
Specs of the Poco F1:
It is powered by the latest and the most powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 chipset. This SoC (system-on-chip) is 36% faster than the Kirin 970 and 9% faster than the Samsung’s latest Exynos 9810. The maximum clockspeed is 2.8 GHz. It has an Adreno 630 GPU powering the phone which has improved by 30%. The AnTuTu benchmark was a whopping 291,302. It also has the LPDDR4 RAM.
- LiquidCool Technology: As we keep on using the smartphone at its peak performance it gets hot. As the phone gets hot it gets slower. To avoid this Poco has used LiquidCool Technology. It consists of a huge copper heatsink with water vapors. This setup is placed on the chipset which dissipates the heat a lot faster. It is 3x more efficient than the conventional method. This helps the phone to sustain peak performance. In a test after running the AnTuTu benchmark test 6 times the score on the OnePlus 6 dropped significantly, but it almost remained the same on the Poco F1 because of the new cooling technology.
- Battery: This phone has a gigantic 4000 mAh battery. It supports Quick Charge 3.0. You don’t have to buy a separate Quickcharger it comes within the box. The power adapter is rated to operate at 9V and 2A (18 Watts).
- New 4G+ support: 4G+ technology is very useful because we can get a faster internet speed and a better network coverage through it. It uses multiple radio bands for the same.
- Infrared Face Unlock: It uses infrared rays to unlock the phone. It has an infrared sensor to detect the contours of our face. The unlock is extremely fast. It unlocks in just 0.4 seconds in extreme darkness because it uses infrared rays.
- Camera: It rocks a dual camera setup at the rear. The primary camera is 12 Megapixels IMX363 sensor with 1.4-micron pixel. It is the same sensor that Xiaomi uses in smartphones like Mi 8 and Mi Mix 2s. The secondary camera is 5 Megapixels depth sensor from Samsung. It has Dual-Pixel Autofocus with a blazing fast focusing which is faster than OnePlus 6 most of the times. The front 20-megapixel camera also has HDR and AI Beautify features. Xiaomi says that the AI camera is tuned especially for India, and has scene recognition features.
The body is built up of Hard Coated Polycarbonate. It also has reinforced internal frame structure. It has a USB Type C and also a 3.5mm audio jack. The display is 6.18″ Full HD+ edge to edge display with a notch which supports a front facing camera and the IR Face Unlock system. Although the notch can be removed in the settings. At max brightness, the display is 500 nits. It rocks a 2.D curved Gorilla Glass 3 protection.
Out of the box, it will come with Android 8.1 Oreo with MiUi for POCO on top of it. It will also support Android P. Poco F1 has a Dirac HD sound system which has a superior sound quality over other MI phones. The new Pocophone has a dedicated POCO launcher for it. The company plans to give you more and more updates for fixing bugs. They plan to release security patch updates quarterly. It comes in 3 colour variants and 1 special variant – Graphite Black, Steel Blue, Rosso Red and also a special Armoured Edition which has Kevlar in it.