Idris Elba says no to Bond rumours in a 007 style

Idris Elba appears to have mocked continued rumors he is in line to take over as the star of the James Bond franchise, following the latest round of media speculation linking him to the role.

www.consequenceofsound.net

Tweets:

“My name’s Elba, Idris Elba,” the British actor tweeted on Sunday, after his name was once again linked to the role of 007.

Five hours later he tweeted,

Recommended

The 45-year-old actor, best known for his roles in Star Trek, Luther and The Wire, has in the past said he’s too old to take on the famous 007 role.

But, he’s never shied away from the speculation and has said he “feels like a national treasure” being associated with Bond.

Earlier this week, reports said Bond movie boss Barbara Broccoli had said “it is time” for a non-white actor to take on the role.

Speaking to the Daily Star , director Antoine Fuqua said that Broccoli had told her that she felt that a black actor in the famous role “will happen eventually”.

Barbara is the daughter of Albert “Cubby” Broccoli – one of the men who started the official Bond film franchise in the 1960s with Sean Connery in the role.

Fans have been left shaken and stirred by the Idris rumors with some tweeting that he “might just be teasing”.

He is known for playing drug trafficker Stringer Bell on the HBO series The WireDCI John Luther on the BBC One series Luther, and Nelson Mandela in the biographical film Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom (2013). He has been nominated four times for a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Miniseries or Television Film, winning one, and was nominated five times for a Primetime Emmy Award.

Further adding to the news, “Next Bond might be black but it won’t be Elba.”

Recommended

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here